Versions Folder (Click Here)
I've been keeping a very close eye on my page views, and I wanted to thank you guys for getting me over 400 views already. I seriously would not have guessed something like this to happen when I started working on both this blog and the game. I wish I could see how many times each version has been downloaded, but I would then have to change services, probably to some site that shows ads before each download, and I'd rather not. While I would like the ads on this blog to generate some revenue, I don't want the link to the games being confusing and/or covered in ads. Even this blog is very conservative with the ads. Blogger suggests I insert ads between each post, but I will never do that because then this will get very tacky very quickly. Besides, they always throw me off when I'm trying to read from one post to the next.
Anyways, as a special gift for 400 page views, I worked until 3:30 AM trying to get the next version of the game completed. So here it is: Version 0.3.1 is now available. That being said, it's a bit of a mixed bag at the moment. This is the most dynamic and complete code of the game yet. In fact the only thing I feel like the game is missing now is a save function. But the dice system is now implemented, so your stats actually have a purpose now, so choose wisely (cough cough, sage, cough cough). However, as a consequence of all these nifty features coming into play, the story will take 4 times as long to complete. For every decision you make, The virtual 20 sided die needs to be re-rolled. Every time you take damage the game needs to evaluate your health to see if you actually survived or not. etc.
So this version only has a very, very restricted path. The branches from the previous version are temporarily suspended until the next update. I just wanted to get the system fleshed out and working and released to celebrate, rather than hang onto it for a few more days before releasing an update. Besides, saving each version and uploading it to Google Drive takes literally less than 30 seconds to do.
That's all I wanted to say for now, so once again, thanks for the activity, and please keep on the look out for bugs and suggestions! (Let me know if I'm not quite using a feature properly.)
No comments:
Post a Comment