Saturday, October 19, 2013

I'm Moving!

Versions Folder (Click Here)

This post looks a lot longer than usual, but it's really only because of the massive pictures that I added. Hopefully this doesn't take up the entire page :/

I have stayed up all  night to get the next update for the game out as soon as possible. At this rate it would normally be finished and posted sometime tomorrow. However, my family has purchased a new house. We've been gradually moving stuff we don't need over to the house for a couple weeks now, but tomorrow and Sunday are the days of the actual relocation. All day we'll be moving our furniture and other necessities as well as any other crap we've left behind so far. So the update will be coming out sometime next week.

Here's some general updates on what I've been working on:
I did technically rewrite the code again (slowing down general progress). However there's no big drastic changes in code. I smoothed out a couple rough spots that started to get really bulked up. Instead of something like,



I changed it look more like this,



I know that the new version looks like there's a lot missing. For instance the farthest you can get is the dice roll, then the program goes to the ending segment. Overall it's a lot nicer to look at and easier to follow, which is essential because of all the branching paths.

Finally, this is NOT a version 0.4.0. It is still the same code, a lot of it is copied and pasted, but in a different format (one that doesn't require excessive amounts of side scrolling). The new goal is to make at least 2 version updates per week and to have a fully functional alpha open for release in 2 months. The alpha should actually very much resemble the finished product since it's not like I need to worry about graphics. From the alpha stage I'll do one last huge sweep searching for bugs, typos, etc. Beta will just add a couple cheats and easter eggs, along with more fixes. When I feel confident in the game I'll release my slew of other projects to directly promote it (such as a flash demo to post on newgrounds, a c++ recreation of the amazing flash game "You Find Yourself in a Room," and maybe, just MAYBE, a mini original soundtrack).

No comments:

Post a Comment