So in the last version of the game I had rewritten all the code and gave everything a new layout to make it look nicer. This was mostly because when I looked at the old copy of the code I had no idea where I left off, where to keep writing, and where the bugs were. The process of rewriting the code took longer than I wanted between updates and I thought I got 400 page views, so I released the new game half complete. Examining the tree was not an option and several other choices cut the experience short.
That being said, the latest version (v0.3.2) includes those paths previously left out. So now it is officially caught back up to where the original code had left off. I had some people test it and found a whole new batch of bugs, but I just can't remember where the were, so this version (along with the version before this one), may be some of the buggiest releases yet, but each path is definitely playable if you're not looking for bugs.
That being said I would very much appreciate feedback from those of you who do try to break the game. What did you input to bug it out? Also, I am now requesting for story requests. What do you want to happen now that the hero is on their merry way (or not so merry if you already died).
Changelog:
v 0.3.2: Some very minor bug and typo fixes, and brought the story back to the length of version 0.3.0.
v 0.3.1: Reformatted the code to be easier to read, as a result I reduced the story options to focus entirely on making a solid layout for myself and any potential future coders.
No comments:
Post a Comment