Thursday, October 3, 2013

Text-Based Adventure Project

So I happen to be in my freshman year of college. My projected major is Software Engineering, so of course I have some programming classes. Right now we are learning C++. I wanted to program something interesting like a game, and since we have only learned how to create and run a command prompt executable, I decided to make a text adventure based on my favorite game I've never played, Dungeons and Dragons. It's an RPG text adventure! As I create newer versions, I will be posting them in a public Google Drive Folder. The newest version right now is v 0.2.3, however this will change very soon and very often. I'll probably make a new post only once every other update. I'll start making change logs as well.

Click Here To Open Folder


Changelog:



v 0.2.3 - Fixed a number of bugs and typos thanks to testers. I also added a few new "easter eggs," one of which assigns you to the "ultimate" class (9001 on all stats) and the other one allows you to "win" and skip to the end of the game.

v 0.2.2 - Expanded game to commence the story and decision based branches, however all decisions lead to player death. The plan is to kill the player when they reach the end of a branch. Fixed some bugs and typos.

v 0.2.1 - A complete rewrite of v 0.1.X (no official version numbers before 0.2.1). The code is much more efficient and readable. Removed unnecessary bulk and variables, the entire process is streamlined, allowing for much more effective coding and more expanding on the story and mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment